Google AdWords is a system that companies use to market and promote their services/products easily. It is a “pay per click” tool, meaning businesses have to bid a certain amount of money to get their website to a certain position on the Google search engine. So, the higher the bid, the greater chance the website gets on the search page. However, there are many other factors that go into a successful AdWords ad, such as Quality Score. Quality Score is an estimate of the quality of your ads and the landing page experience – the higher the Quality Score, the better!
Businesses pay Google Adwords each time a user clicks their ad and the price a company is prepared to pay for each click is called cost-per-click (CPC). You can select a maximum bid amount that allows for businesses to keep caps on their ads so that they don’t overspend. Or, Google also offers the option of an automated bid amount where AdWords sets bids for you – always within your set budget.
BUT, it’s not all about bidding. Even if competitors bid higher than you, you can use relevant keywords and ads to get a higher position at a lower price.
More on Quality Score and AdRank:
A high Quality Score means the AdWords system thinks an ad is relevant and useful to those looking at it.
Ad Rank is what determines not only your ads position on the search page but whether your ad shows at all. A number of factors contribute to Ad Rank such as:
- Your Bid.
- How well your website gives users who click the ad a valuable landing page experience.
- AdWords uses an expected Clickthrough Rate (CTR) to determine the position of your ad.
Ads with the highest Ad Rank get the best placements on the Google search engine.
Pros of AdWords:
- Complete control over your daily budget and maximum cost per click.
- Variety of advertising options, including Search Network, Display Network, Google Shopping and Remarketing.
- You can target those who are already interested in your product/service. Meaning they’re more likely to purchase.
Cons of AdWords:
- If an account is set up and managed incorrectly, it can be extremely costly.
- Depending on your target market, the majority of the potential audience can end up being irrelevant to your products/services.
- Set up and management can be very time-consuming.
Google AdWords is a great way to market and promote your business, however big or small! Although set up and management of an account can sometimes be tricky, that’s where companies like Repeat Digital come in as we can manage your Google Ad accounts for you to ensure their success without you having to worry!